102 and Not Out!

"I am a lousy singer. In fact I never made the school choir much to the relief of the teachers and parents....This was before Mr Beckham appeared on the world stage. Luckily for him I never got the call to train with England"

Recently I wrote my 100th blog and I felt a quiet achievement in breaking my ton. Now I have never set out to write a large number of blogs but ones that I truly wanted to write. As the saying goes 'quality not quantity'. Or maybe not in my case!

Anyway, I have been wracking my brain to come up with ideas to commemorate this glorious achievement and I thought there was only one way to do it. No, I am not going to dress up in drag and sing karaoke in a tight fitting dress at a sleazy bar in Sydney, but will reveal some more facts and meaningless trivia about myself. Mind you, a number of women have commented on my legs so maybe after I finish this blog drag might have been the better option!

So here goes. A list of things you never knew about me.....unless you know me. Then again, you might not know some of the following anyway!

1. I am left handed. As they say all creative people are of this ilk. Not sure what went wrong in my case!

2. I am a lousy singer. In fact I never made the school choir much to the relief of the teachers and parents. However, I can screech like a bad singer on occasions.

3. I once scored a goal at soccer (football) direct from a corner. This was before one Mr Beckham appeared on the world stage. Luckily for him I never got the call to train with England.....

4. One of my all time fave songs is "White Punks On Dope" by the Tubes. Without a doubt Punk's answer to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Listen and you will understand.

5. My profile picture is of a rubbish bin that was sealed up for the APEC meeting in Sydney in 2007. I loved the picture so much that I adopted it as my profile pic. Yes, I did take the photo myself.

6. Many light years ago I stole some of the turf from the old Wembley Stadium. I think it was during an Elton John concert, if my mind serves me correct. I planted it in my parents backyard and it lived for about 5 years, before it got dug up for some new plants that my sister wanted.

7. I once told a future Premier of NSW to f*&k off after he accidentally trod on my toes at Paddington Market, Sydney. Whatever happened to Kermit anyway....

8. Virtually every company I have worked for has been taken over by another company, or gone bust. Does anyone want to hire me? I can forward my resume to you on request!

9. I am currently writing my first novel. It is totally different to the type of blogs I write. If you need more info about it then please contact me...especially any publishers!

10. I am of the view that Canberra is as sterile as Milton Keynes in England. The only difference being that Canberra is home to a house of comedians (Parliament) whilst good ol' Milton Keynes has concrete cows. Maybe there is no difference after all!

11. I am a co-owner of Ebbsfleet United Football Club in England. Even though there are another 9,000 owners I do feel privileged to be on a par with Abramovich and co.

12. My fave show of the last few years has to be '24'. Jack Bauer rocks!

So there you go. Some more details about myself. Rest assured that when I get to 200 blogs I wil reveal much much more!

Now where did I put those high heels.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in 5 Minutes

Stalking by Bluetooth

1,000 hits and more to come!