A Road Trip

"I had visions of the kitchen sink coming with us but fortunately No Worries didn't give it a second glance...she reminded me that the pie maker and coffee grinder were coming as well. Suddenly, I felt sorry for the toaster"

I thought I would update all and sundry as to what has been happening these past couple of weeks.

Well, to put it briefly we have been on a relaxing family holiday to the Northern reaches of NSW and also across the border into hostile QLD (no passport required). Subsequently, I decided to give my creative blogging juices a break so that they could be re-energised for the new year (with the help of some lovely amber nectar and sumptuous Indian food).

Our holiday started a couple of days before Christmas and incorporated a quick stopover in Port Macquarie and then a further drive onto Ballina arriving on Christmas Eve.

As is the norm, the lovely No Worries decided to start her packing on the night before the holiday was due to start. In fact, she didn't start packing until 11.15pm and continued going until 1am!

I was awoken early the next day by No Worries. She had gotten up early (a rare thing normally) to continue her packing. She was by now getting carried away. For some reason she wanted to pack everything from old accounting books to hundreds of business cds! I had visions of the kitchen sink coming with us but fortunately No Worries didn't give it a second glance.

At this stage her case was overflowing with clothes, books and lots of other things. I had to push her out of the door to ensure she got to work on time. I thought then I would be able to relax while I got the gals their breakfast and then I would be able to pack my clothes for our vacation.

How wrong could I be!

During the morning the phone rang. It was No Worries. "Hi, how are you going?" said the wife. I replied that I was going well. No Worries then asked if I could do a favour for her. I said yes but was a tad concerned as to what it could be. Surely she didn't want to take the kitchen sink after all!! It turned out that she wanted a mirror dropped off to a friend. I put away my toolbox.

Following this I took the gals out to the library to return some books and then delivered the mirror. It was now early afternoon and I still hadn't packed for myself. The phone rang. It was No Worries again. This time she asked me if I could take out some text books from her case. This I did.

By now I was running behind schedule but did manage to pack my clothes. All I had to do was load the car when the phone rang again. It was No Worries for the third time. This time she wanted a couple of extra skirts put into her case. Also, she reminded me that the pie maker and coffee grinder were coming as well. Suddenly, I felt sorry for the toaster. Surely if the pie maker was coming then we should take the toaster as it would most likely get lonely while we were away.

I started to take our bags to the car and wondered how everything was going to fit in the boot. There were 4 small cases, presents for the family, food, the pie maker, coffee grinder, children's things and many more items. Somehow I got it all into the boot, with the exception of a couple of small bags of food etc.

At 4pm I set off to pick up No Worries and start our Christmas holiday. I put a CD on and started to relax when my mobile phone rang. It was No Worries for the umpteenth time. I held my breath. What does she want now? Surely she doesn't want to take the toaster after all? This time No Worries let me know that she was leaving work and would see me soon.

With that I drove off to pick up my organised wife and start our holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in 5 Minutes

1,000 hits and more to come!

Stalking by Bluetooth