Car Park Afflictions

"It becomes an issue mainly in car parks and I am sure that most of you reading this are afflicted too. So what is it? Well it is not something that is easily answered in a few words...As you drive around you pass many cars all with drivers searching for their own piece of exclusive real estate. Every driver you see has been afflicted, like me"

Firstly, apologies for not writing many blogs lately. I had my mother and sister visit me from the UK. So for the past few weeks I have been acting as a tour guide, chauffeur, interpreter (?) and helping them to stimulate the Australian economy (with British pounds). Oh yeah, and we had the dust storm of all time!

Anyway, back to the topic of this blog.

I have noticed recently that I suffer from an affliction. It's not contagious, illegal or damaging to your health. It is an affliction, however, that has infected millions of people worldwide. I have thought about seeking professional help with this matter but I feel it is too late to turn it around. After all, it only happens every now and then.

It becomes an issue mainly in car parks and I am sure that most of you reading this are afflicted too. So what is it? Well it is not something that is easily answered in a few words, but best explained in a scenario.

Imagine this. You are driving to the local shopping centre (mall for my North American friends) and you come to the ticket barrier. You push the button, and out spews a small piece of card roughly the size of a credit card. The barrier lifts and you get ready to drive through to the car park. So what do you do with the parking ticket?

If you are like me you put the ticket into your mouth while you are driving around looking for a parking spot. On busy days (read most days) you can be driving around for 10 minutes or more looking for that elusive parking space. As you drive around you pass many cars all with drivers searching for their own piece of exclusive real estate. Every driver you see has been afflicted, like me.

On weekends you can see literally dozens of drivers with tickets in their mouths driving in shopping centre car parks. When you think about it - it certainly looks odd. I would imagine that if aliens arrived from a distant planet and saw this then they would head back to their space craft and return to their planet safe in the knowledge that us humans are 'extremely primitive'.

So next time you are driving to a shopping centre, or even an airport, check out who is driving around with a parking ticket in their mouth.

Do you suffer from the same affliction? Be honest and let me know.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in 5 Minutes

Stalking by Bluetooth

1,000 hits and more to come!