A Madagascar Groupie!

"Either that or the bulk of under sevens were going to slam dance off the stage. Maybe the area at the front of the stage was a mosh pit....He looked deflated. It was as if I had given him the worst possible type of news imaginable"

Recently during the school summer holidays I took the gals to the local shopping centre to see a stage show. The show was one related to Madagascar 2 which I believe is quite good movie. The gals loved the first film so I thought they would like the show.

We arrived just before the show started and the gals were able to get close to the front of the stage. This was definitely a huge show. There were security personnel there to ensure the young fans did not try to climb onto the stage to hug Alex, Marty or the penguins. Either that or the bulk of under sevens were going to slam dance off the stage. Maybe the area at the front of the stage was a mosh pit rather than excited kids going to watch a show!

I noticed one young boy who was very excited to see the show. Even before it started I could see that he couldn't wait for the show to start. He kept going to the front of the stage and was told to get back for safety reasons. Still it was obvious to all that Madagascar was his favourite film.

When the show started the boy got really excited. He was screaming and showing pure adulation to the 'animals' on stage. It was akin to the reception the Beatles got in the old days. In truth I had never seen a young child so excited in a stage show.

The show itself was very good and certainly wasn't just a promotion for the movie. My gals thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

A few days later I thought it would be good if the gals went to see the show again. I don't know why I thought that but I put it down to a lack of caffeine early in the day. After all, we needed to get some groceries so we could combine our supermarket visit with the show.

We got to the stage area fifteen minutes early. I noticed a boy sitting at the front of the stage. He was all on his own. When we got closer I noticed that it was the boy from the other day! Straight away I had visions of this boy having been to all the 14 shows. Without a doubt he was a Madagascar groupie! I wondered how his parents were coping having seen the show over and over again.

The boy turned to me and asked me if it was time for the show to start. I looked at my watch and told him it would be at least ten minutes. He looked deflated. It was as if I had given him the worst possible type of news imaginable. I felt bad for telling him the truth. He looked as if he was going to cry.

The show started and the boy jumped to his feet and made his way to the front of the stage again. The wise security personnel had to tell him to move away from the stage on a number of occasions. He was certainly in Madagascar heaven! After 30 minutes the show was over. Our groupie friend kept staring at the stage waiting and hoping that Alex, Marty et al would reappear. Alas, they didn't.

After the show we made our way to the supermarket. I left with the thought that groupies are getting younger and younger. I never imagined that there would be groupies as young as, say, seven years old!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in 5 Minutes

1,000 hits and more to come!

Stalking by Bluetooth