So if you are ready, here we go!
- I once did a hole in one on a golf course. Now I should say that I honestly find golf very boring and extremely tedious. I am not sure why a number of business meetings are done "on a golf course". I would much rather prefer watching a sport or even discussing things over a meal. The hole in one occurred at the local golf course where I grew up in the old country - England.
- I am a qualified commercial barista but have never ever worked in a cafe. Yes it is true. I know how to make proper coffee. Well I used to, but unless you keep your skills honed you soon forget how to do some of the more trickier coffees. Why did I become a qualified barista? Well I was never going to become a barrister was I? Seriously, I wanted to learn more about making different coffees and thought a commercial coffee making course was the way to go. Yes, I do have a barista certificate!
- I am a qualified Justice of the Peace. In the olden days people used to call me a Justice of the Piss - but that's another story. I am registered as a JP in NSW in Australia. So what this means is that I am authorised to witness signatures on documents of varying descriptions. In some circumstances I can issue arrest warrants and preside over really minor infringements. However, living in a big city this will never happen.
- I once top scored at cricket with 4 runs. It was an inter-class school game and I was nominated to open the innings. My first scoring shot was an edge through the slips for 2. I was the 7th player out for the princely score of 4! In truth the extras totalled 7 runs, but that doesn't count, does it? In reply our opponents scored 24 runs for the loss of 1 wicket. I can proudly say that it was moi that run out one of their opening batsmen!
- During my largely unsuccessful football career in England, I was transferred between two teams mid-season. The transfer fee was a fixed £2.50! Not quite the multi-million pound transfers of the English Premier League. Naturally, I didn't make a penny out of the transfer fee! I did, however, turn out to be a good purchase as I scored 9 goals in my first 22 games.
- While we are talking, well writing, about football, I can claim to have scored a goal direct from a corner! It was while playing for a local team in Sydney a few years ago. It was something I always wanted to do, ever since I saw my best friend do it twice in two minutes in a school game many moons ago. Finally, I achieved it myself. As the ball was drifting over the goalkeeper's head, I remember thinking to myself "don't catch the bloody thing!". Thankfully he didn't!
- A long time ago a piece of the hallowed turf of Wembley Stadium found its way into my pocket and later was planted in my parents backyard. How did it get there? I have no idea hehehehe. I remember the event was a summer outdoor concert at the old Wembley Stadium. Can't quite remember who was headlining but I am fairly certain it was Elton John.